Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photo Masks

If you know me well, you know that I love to experiment.

Well, my latest project, yes, I KNOW I AM BEHIND on kits, but I can't help it. My latest project is to create some photo masks. I think most people do know how to use photo masks, but I am sure there are a few out there that has yet to try it out. So I thought I'd show you how to use one with one of my latest products.

Feedback would really be appreciated on this one. Love/Hate/Don't care. You can even leave anonymous comments! LOL.

To use a photo mask really is only a few steps.

You can start on your layout or you can create a new canvas.

I am going to use a new canvas in this example.

Place your photo on the canvas. Drag the photo mask over your photo. Resize the photo if needed. Place the mask BELOW your photo.





Now, create a clipping mask (Layer -> Create Clipping Mask).
After you create your clipping mask, you can resize the photo or move it as needed.



There you have it!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

WHOO WHOO!!! Good for you, it looks great.

MrsRomer said...

i haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it is beautiful just looking at the mask itself. thank you so much!