Thursday, April 3, 2008

Using Overlays...beyond the making papers

Most people use Overlays to create their own papers, on top of papers to perhaps give it a different effect or texture, and some love using Overlays over photos.

These are layouts of my son I posted in earlier posts. An overlay was used to create the effect you see. The second one is more subtle than the top. The overlay is actually the texture of the background paper to bring the layout together.




credits:
(top) paper by Phuong Ton (me), template by Kelie Mize, word art is also from me (coming soon!)
(bottom) papers and flower by Amanda Sok, photo wrap by Katie Pertiet, brush by Erika Hite, text path by Melissa Renfro

If you like the second layout, the Kit is available here.

This is a layout by Scrappeehappee. She used my Grungy Textured Overlay 2 on the photo. The papers and elements are from my Eastern Winds kit. The word Spring is made from my Rusted Styles. What a fun layout!



Of course, it's still great to create papers or add texture to them. I have not made a layout in awhile so I am a little rusty with this one. :D

I added one of my Grungy Overlays 1 (my favorite set) on the bottom paper (Girlfriends). The top is a blend of two of my Girlfriends papers plus a Grungy Overlays 2 overlay. The fold is from Vera Lim.



This was the original paper.



No comments: